Talk about making your own games!


    Untitled Game

    Share
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:47 pm

    Team Members:
    Myself
    11037
    PrincessWillow

    Game Title: Untitled
    Genre: Unknown

    This topic is under heavy construction
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:47 pm

    RESERVED
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:48 pm

    RESERVED
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:49 pm

    Our first order of business:
    What genre of game shall we develop?
    What engine should we use?
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:14 pm

    I'm learning in RPG maker but if we choose something else let me know and I'll try and get it.
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:17 pm

    PrincessWillow wrote:I'm learning in RPG maker but if we choose something else let me know and I'll try and get it.
    yo we can use that but is it free and can only make rpgs with it
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 pm

    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:I'm learning in RPG maker but if we choose something else let me know and I'll try and get it.
    yo we can use that but is it free and can only make rpgs with it

    Sorry, no. I bought it when it was on sale. I bought it off the Steam Store.
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:43 pm

    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:I'm learning in RPG maker but if we choose something else let me know and I'll try and get it.
    yo we can use that but is it free and can only make rpgs with it

    Sorry, no. I bought it when it was on sale. I bought it off the Steam Store.
    whats it called just rpg maker?
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:00 pm

    RPG Maker VX Ace

    GameMaker Studio is free though
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:48 pm

    PrincessWillow wrote:RPG Maker VX Ace

    GameMaker Studio is free though
    vx ace lite is free so i can learn it there
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 pm

    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:RPG Maker VX Ace

    GameMaker Studio is free though
    vx ace lite is free so i can learn it there

    Okay. So what Genre of game are we going to make? Could make a Horror? Or Sci-fi? There are plenty of options. ^u^ And when we get this game done we can always make more.
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:56 pm

    itd have to be rpg right?
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:58 pm

    11037 wrote:itd have to be rpg right?

    So far that is all I have learned to do. Eventually I want to learn to make 3D games.
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:08 am

    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:itd have to be rpg right?

    So far that is all I have learned to do. Eventually I want to learn to make 3D games.
    unity 3d is free but it looks hella hard to learn
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:09 am

    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:itd have to be rpg right?

    So far that is all I have learned to do. Eventually I want to learn to make 3D games.
    unity 3d is free but it looks hella hard to learn

    It is. v.v But I will figure it out one day ^u^
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:13 am

    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:itd have to be rpg right?

    So far that is all I have learned to do. Eventually I want to learn to make 3D games.
    unity 3d is free but it looks hella hard to learn

    It is. v.v But I will figure it out one day ^u^
    yo baby steps rite like crawl before we can walk
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:16 am

    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:
    PrincessWillow wrote:
    11037 wrote:itd have to be rpg right?

    So far that is all I have learned to do. Eventually I want to learn to make 3D games.
    unity 3d is free but it looks hella hard to learn

    It is. v.v But I will figure it out one day ^u^
    yo baby steps rite like crawl before we can walk

    Yep. So what does everyone want to make?
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 am

    well it need to be like small right so about 2 or 3 characters and 2 rooms suthin like that
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:26 am

    So we are making a really small game to start off?
    avatar
    11037

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-09-23

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by 11037 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 am

    PrincessWillow wrote:So we are making a really small game to start off?
    to start off yeh
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am

    Ok sounds good ^u^
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 am

    I acquired the free version of that software. Princess has the only version with scripting capabilities so if we are to use external scripts, we must employ her to complete the game we put together. A simplistic game would suffice to help us pick up on the software's knick knacks. A short horror/adventure game may do?
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 am

    Ok If everyone agrees on that genre we can move on. Story, Characters, Setting, etc. depending on the setting we choose we can have the character find keys and solve puzzles. Maybe some jump scares to.
    avatar
    chaacat

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 21
    Location : UK

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by chaacat on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:42 pm

    While perusing the Maker forum I came across this particular short game called Dear Mariko and I believe something comparable to this would be interesting and within our reaches. Look it up.
    avatar
    PrincessWillow

    Posts : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-23
    Age : 24
    Location : USA

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by PrincessWillow on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:57 pm

    Wow that was a cool game. I was a bit nervous thinking that it was her boyfriend Darien that has another personality he can't control and that she had killed him in the end. We could have a twist ending like that if we want.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Untitled Game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:10 am